Rare 14th century gold coin is found hidden inside a wooden bureau

Started by gash, February 19, 2019, 04:45:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gash

A rare 14th century gold coin worth up to £3,000 was found hidden inside a £60 wooden chest which had been gifted to a family support worker by a long-lost cousin.

Anne Clapp, 37, from Derbyshire, was left the 20th century George II-style bureau in a will.

But she had no idea that inside a secret draw was stashed a 650-year-old Raymond IV Prince of Orange Franc A pied coin.

Mrs Clapp said: 'I can't even remember meeting my great cousin but I received a letter from a solicitor before Christmas informing me that I'd been left various items of furniture. Apparently, the will was written when I was 13 years old.'

The coin, which can be traced back to 1365, was unknown to Mrs Clapp until she took it to Hansons Auctioneers where is was discovered by furniture valuer Edward Rycroft. 

Read more  :  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6719207/Rare-14th-century-gold-coin-worth-3-000-hidden-inside-wooden-bureau.html?fbclid=IwAR0JGlveelIHADJPFQO_N2KC1IxnKe3lFkCQLi-tL3pxBY8CnoBcZc15vQ0
XP Deus 9" coil & 13x11 coil<br />XP Goldmaxx Power<br />Whites DFX<br />Garrett Ace250<br /> Nokta Simplex+