November 12, 2019, 08:47:02 pm

News:

Take a look at the new products we have listed in the shop !!

Rare coin sold for £1.6m

Started by gash, October 14, 2019, 11:27:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gash

One of the rarest coins in the world is set to sell at auction for an incredible £1.6million.

The Umayyad gold dinar dates back to 723AD and was made from gold mined at a location owned by the Caliph - one of the successors to the Prophet Muhammad.

It carries a number of Islamic inscriptions and measures roughly the same size as a modern-day British £1 coin.
The piece is set to sell with auctioneers Morton & Eden in London who have given it their highest ever pre-sale estimate of between £1.4 and £1.6million.
The text on the coin translates as 'Mine of the Commander of the Faithful.'.

It is believed the mine is located between the Holy Cities of Makka and al-Madina, in the west of present day Saudi Arabia.

Prior to the mine being owned by the Caliph, the previous owner had acquired the land directly from the Prophet Muhammad adding further importance to the coin.

Only about a dozen of these coins are known today, and almost all are now held in private collections or major international museums.

Full story here :  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/one-of-the-rarest-coins-in-the-world-that-dates-back-to-723ad-and-was-made-from-gold-from-a-mine-owned-by-a-successor-to-the-prophet-muhammad-goes-on-sale-for-%C2%A316million/ar-AAIIWFe?ocid=spartandhp
XP Deus 9" coil & 13x11 coil
XP Goldmaxx Power
Whites DFX
Garrett Ace250