Newbie from worksop nottinghamshire

Started by Richard17, December 04, 2019, 02:27:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard17

December 04, 2019, 02:27:10 pm Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 02:52:30 pm by Richard17
Hi guys I'm richard from worksop I saw an add for this forum so thought I'd come and say hi.

I used to go metal detecting years ago but gave up as I could never get permission to go on land, my son is very eager to start the hobby so I have just got him his first detector( although he will think Santa got it him lol). I also got myself one too.

Has anyone got any tips on how I can go about finding land to go on?

gash

Hi Richard17, and welcome to the forum

A lot of detectorists are now having issues on obtaining land to detect on, the big groups who are willing to pay the farmers will always get the farmers attention. Personally i lost all my permissions at the beginning of the year, a friend of mine owned tha land but decided to sell it all off for building land. For the last 9-10 months i have been writing letters to farmers in the area but to no avail, i will still keep on trying though my 11 yr old daughter is dying to get back out detecting again.

All the best on the land hunting, maybe catch up with you on some of the group digs in the area and of course if you do get out please come back and sgow us your finds.

Gary
XP Deus 9" coil & 13x11 coil
XP Goldmaxx Power
Whites DFX
Garrett Ace250