Wedding ring horror - and delight - for DJ Steve

Started by gash, May 03, 2016, 01:37:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gash

Steve Briers when brushing his teeth before bed one night suddenly noticed his wedding ring was missing from his finger.

Where had he lost it? Panic struck in.

For Steve, who got married to Linda, last February, had been doing some DIY at his home in Pentlepoir and had lost it amongst chippings that he had scraped back to paint a wall.

"I know I gave up sugar last summer and have lost some weight, but for my wedding ring to come off, I was horrified," said Steve.

With a torch, he hurriedly went out into the garden to see if he could find the ring, but sadly it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

"I broke the news to Linda who quickly said she would buy me another, but it wouldn't be the same as the original has great sentimental value."

The following day, Steve Googled metal detectors in Pembrokeshire in a bid to try and find help to trace his beloved ring.

And after contacting Pembrokeshire Prospectors, local member Trevor Davies, a metal detector for some 45 years, came to his aid.

"Trevor was here within half-an-hour and with his metal detector quickly found the ring in amongst all the stone chippings around the wall," said Steve.

"As you can imagine, I was thrilled to bits. These guys do a great job and I cannot thank them enough for helping find my ring.
XP Deus 9" coil & 13x11 coil
XP Goldmaxx Power
Whites DFX
Garrett Ace250
Nokta Simplex+