October 24, 2020, 01:32:49 pm

News:

Take a look at the new products we have listed in the shop !!

4kg Gold nugget found in Australia

Started by gash, April 22, 2017, 09:14:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gash

prospector has found a 4.1kg gold nugget at the far southern edge of Central Victoria's Golden Triangle, in South Australia, which he has named "Friday's Joy."

In Victoria's so-called Golden Triangle, a lucky prospector has discovered a 145-ounce nugget, named Friday's Joy, that could be worth a quarter of a million dollars.

The owner of the nugget, who has chosen to remain anonymous, has spent the past 10 years searching for gold and coins on his weekends.
"I thought it was rubbish at first, maybe an old horseshoe," he said.

"About 12 inches below the ground, I could just barely make out the top of something. As I began to scrape away the clay and dig deeper, I really couldn't believe my eyes."
"I was in total disbelief as I didn't think nuggets of this size were still around."

At first, the prospector had trouble deciding what to do with his $250,000 find, which was made with a Minelab detector.

"It's like catching a big fish and not knowing what to do with it!" he said.

Continue reading -http://www.geologyin.com/2017/02/this-australian-man-just-found-massive.html?m=1
XP Deus 9" coil & 13x11 coil<br />XP Goldmaxx Power<br />Whites DFX<br />Garrett Ace250<br /> Nokta Simplex+